Do I Need to Tithe?

Breadwinner asks:

I only earn minimum wage, and I’ve got a lot of expenses at home. God knows how tight my finances are. Does He still expect me to tithe?

The CBN Asia Prayer Center says:

God understands our struggles and financial situations, but tithe is not our money. It is God’s money. We should definitely tithe, no matter how big or small we earn. Otherwise, we are robbing God of His money. In the book of Malachi, it says, “Rob Him in no way in not giving your tithe.” May our Lord not find us robbers of what truly belongs to Him—the 10 percent of all that we receive.

We tithe not only because God has ordained it. We tithe because we want to obey Him and because we love Him. Giving tithes and money offerings is a form of worshipping God and our expression of devotion to Him. We acknowledge His power and His character as Jehovah Jireh, God the Provider.

Whenever we obey in giving, we are allowing ourselves to experience the extraordinary blessings from the Lord. Only in tithing that the Lord challenges His people to test His overflowing goodness (Malachi 3:10b). It is also an opportunity for God to bless us more so we could be a channel of blessing to people around us.

When you receive your paycheck, immediately set aside 10 percent for our Lord, and see how He will guide you in stretching your remaining 90 percent and how faithful He will provide for your other needs. Trust Him!

God doesn’t need our treasures, because all are His, but what the Lord needs is our hearts. He is looking at the heart of the giver. The Scriptures say in Matthew 6:21, “For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” So if we love God, we will give gladly to the Lord and not reluctantly. God loves a cheerful giver!


Someone is eager to answer your questions at the CBN Asia Prayer Center. You can call them 24/7 at 810-7176 or 810-7717 (for Metro Manila residents) or email them at


  • Tuesday R

    pwede po ba sa CBN Asia KO ibigay tithe KO?

    kc Dahl sa work ko hindi na ako nkkpagchurch, cebu me ngaun sa manila kc ung church na inaatenan KO dati tagal ala ma ako contact sa kanila. Wala ako mahanap christian sa malapit

    • Mapagpalang araw Tuesday. Kagalakan namin na matulungan ka. Para sa iyong katanungan maaari po niyong tawagan ang aming prayer center gamit ang aming toll free number 1-800-1-888-8700 anytime ito ay bukas 24/7. Kagalakan rin namin na mahanapan ka ng malapit na simbahan Ang CBN Asia ay may mga church partner na pwede mong madaluhan ipadala lamang sa aming ang iyong kumpletong impormasyon complete name, complete address at contact number at ipadala ito sa aming prayer center official email address sa or tumawag sa 737-0700. Pagpalain ka ng Panginoon.


     Magbigay ang bawat sa inyo ayon sa pasiya ng kaniyang puso:huwag mabigat sa loob, o dahil sa kailangan: sapagka’t iniibig ng Dios ang nagbibigay na masaya..IICor 9:7


    • Salamat sa pagbisita, Mark.
      2 Corinthians 9:6 But this I say, He which sows sparingly shall reap also sparingly;
      and he which sows bountifully shall reap also bountifully.

Leave a reply