Waiting Woman asks:
I’ve been praying for the longest time, but God doesn’t seem to hear my requests. Is there something I need to do for Him to answer my prayers?
The CBN Asia Prayer Center says:
Prayer is a wonderful privilege and a remarkable access to our heavenly Father. Every time you plead for your request, you must believe that He hears you. He hears your cries, the groans of your heart, and even the unspoken thoughts in your mind.
You can also rest in the confidence that He can give whatever you ask—according to His will. Holding on to this principle results to your faith in God that He will help you achieve whatever you solicit in Christ’s name.
All things are possible to those who believe. As the Scriptures says, “I tell you, you can pray for anything, and if you believe that you’ve received it, it will be yours.” (Matthew 11:24)
Whenever you feel that the Lord is not listening to you, consider the following:
- Evaluate your motive or desire. The Bible says that the prayer of a righteous man avails much. You must have the right heart, motive, and attitude.
- See to it that your request or petition is in line with His will. The Lord knows the very best for you. He will not give anything that will hurt you in the end.
- Keep your trust in the Lord. Your trust shows your faith. Without faith, it is impossible to please God.
- Know the will of God by reading the Scriptures and spending time with Him in prayer and worship. By knowing His will, you would have a clear understanding of His plans. With this, you would be able to adjust your desires with His.
- Never get tired of praying. Your timing is different from God’s timing. Perhaps you expect a certain answer in a certain time, but God knows the best timing for you.
- Be open to receive a “No” answer. You have to understand that the Lord is not always saying “Yes” to your prayers. Try to evaluate your life’s circumstances to be able to discern God’s response.
- Have a positive attitude while waiting for God’s answer. Do not fill your mind with negativity. Though things may not go well, worrying would never help you.
If you are sure that you’ve done all these things and still haven’t received God’s answer, God has three responses to our prayers:
- Yes, I will give this to you because it is best for you.
- No, this won’t do you any good. I love you so much I don’t want anything that will harm you.
- Wait, because you are not yet prepared for what you are asking from Me.
Trust in the Lord. He knows what’s best for you!
GOT A TOUGH QUESTION?
Someone is eager to answer your questions at the CBN Asia Prayer Center. You can call them 24/7 at 810-7176 or 810-7717 (for Metro Manila residents) or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.